Wisdom Teeth Removal
Surgery & Recovery
What to Expect At Your Wisdom Teeth Removal Appointment
Whatever the reason for your wisdom teeth removal, Dr. Hendrickson will make sure that you are safe and comfortable during your procedure.
Your visit to our office will be a pleasant experience. Here is what you can expect:
- After filling out the necessary paperwork, an x-ray of your wisdom teeth will be taken at no charge to you.
- Next, you will meet with Dr. Hendrickson to discuss your x-ray, any possible issues he might be concerned about, the expected outcome of your procedure, and to discuss any questions or concerns you might have about the procedure.
- Several IV medications will be administered through a simple IV in the patient’s arm and within a few minutes, the patient will be completely asleep. Generally, the sedation lasts about 15 minutes. The patient will be monitored closely by our team and CRNA throughout the entirety of the procedure.
- After the patient is asleep, a local anesthetic will be used to numb the surgical sites and prevent pain upon waking.
- If the tooth or teeth are covered by gum tissue or bone, they will be opened or removed in order to access the teeth.
- Once uncovered, the tooth will be extracted, either whole or in segments.
- When the tooth or teeth are removed, the site, if necessary, is closed with stitches that will dissolve within three to five days.
- Platelet Rich Fibrinogen clots will be placed into your lower sockets at no additional charge to you! This procedure helps with decreasing chances of dry socket, decreased pain following surgery, and quicker more predictable healing.
- As soon as the patient is able, they will be transported by wheelchair to their ride in the parking lot and our team will help them get situated comfortably before heading for home.
- The paperwork, x-ray, consultation, and surgery will all be completed in one visit and the complete appointment will take about one hour.
Recovery from your surgery usually takes 3 – 5 days depending on the level of your wisdom teeth impaction. Please follow the directions below to make your visit and recovery go as smoothly as possible. If you have any questions about your upcoming appointment, reach out to us at 801-370-0050.
- Post-Operative Instructions — Spanish
- Post-Operative Instructions — English
Ask a question or book an appointment below.
For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital